Do- April 29, 2020
Scripture: Psalm 119:33-37
As we move into a time where some communities are still in the midst of stay-at-home orders and others are moving towards reopening, think about how you can be safely outside.
If you can, go outside, take a walk and look at all of God's creation. After your walk, sit or lay down in God's creation, be still and enjoy being in the presence of God. After some time in stillness, talk about what you observed. What did you notice or see that you hadn’t before?
If you have children, a simple way to help them think of things is to make an acrostic poem using their name and these five steps:
- Decide what to write about - In this case, praising God
- Write your word down vertically - In this case, your name
- Brainstorm words or phrases that describe your idea.
- Place your brainstormed words or phrases on the lines that begin with the same letters.
- If you’d like, fill in the rest of the lines to create a poem.