Faith @ Home Daily- Friday, March 20, 2020
Scripture: Mark 6:50
It is not surprising that the disciples were afraid when they saw a “ghost” walking towards them. Fear is normal when we encounter the unexpected or unusual, and we are in a highly unusual situation. Fear is entirely normal right now. And we need to look at each other and see Jesus.
Watch - March 20, 2020
Scripture: Mark 6:50 This Oscar-winning animated short tells the story of a father engaging his own fears, and learning to do his daughter Zuri’s hair for the first time. Zuri is beautifully self-possessed, while her loving father finds...Read More
Read- March 20, 2020
Scripture: Mark 6:50 Candle Walk: A Bedtime Prayer for God written and illustrated by Karin Holsinger Sherman is now available as a free ebook through Lent. This picture book invites families into a contemplative calming down story, fo...Read More
Listen- March 20, 2020
Scripture: Mark 6:50 In Between Quarantine & COVID19 - A Daily Diary is an emerging podcast featuring CJ (age 6), Ollie (age 9), and J (age 14), with help from their Episcopal priest father. They connect with others, share, and try to co...Read More
Do- March 20, 2020
Scripture: Mark 6:50 In today’s Gospel, when his disciples are terrified, Jesus reassures them, “Take heart.” With these words, he addresses the terror of the immediate moment and, more importantly, offers a glimmer of hope that the f...Read More
Pray- March 20, 2020
Scripture: Mark 6:50 Sometimes the words for prayer just don’t come, the words just aren’t right and my body just doesn’t want to settle down. Other times I just want to pray in a different way, and Sybil MacBeth created a tool just ...Read More
How is your silly doing this week? Today we want to offer you some ways to just be playful with your family:
- Mo Willems, Artist in Residence at the Kennedy Center and wonderful author, is offering Daily Doodles at 1 pm EST, from his home studio.
- Go Noodle - Sometimes you need to shake your sillies out! Go Noodle is a fun way to get up and get active especially when you are stuck inside.
- Find Your Silly Name - Inspired by the book “Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants" by Dav Pilkey, this resource from Scholastic helps you find a new silly name. Mine is “Stinky Bananabuns”
- 30 Ways to be Silly with your Kids- From the blog, The Chaos and the Clutter, here are 30 suggestions of easy ways to be silly with children.
- Faith Filled Books for Your Home Library: God Bless the Gargoyles by Dav Pilkey; When God Made Light by Matthew Paul Turner, illustrated by David Catrow
Tags: Faith @ Home Daily / Latest Posts