Faith @ Home Daily- Friday, March 20, 2020
Scripture: Mark 6:50
It is not surprising that the disciples were afraid when they saw a “ghost” walking towards them. Fear is normal when we encounter the unexpected or unusual, and we are in a highly unusual situation. Fear is entirely normal right now. And we need to look at each other and see Jesus.
How is your silly doing this week? Today we want to offer you some ways to just be playful with your family:
- Mo Willems, Artist in Residence at the Kennedy Center and wonderful author, is offering Daily Doodles at 1 pm EST, from his home studio.
- Go Noodle - Sometimes you need to shake your sillies out! Go Noodle is a fun way to get up and get active especially when you are stuck inside.
- Find Your Silly Name - Inspired by the book “Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants" by Dav Pilkey, this resource from Scholastic helps you find a new silly name. Mine is “Stinky Bananabuns”
- 30 Ways to be Silly with your Kids- From the blog, The Chaos and the Clutter, here are 30 suggestions of easy ways to be silly with children.
- Faith Filled Books for Your Home Library: God Bless the Gargoyles by Dav Pilkey; When God Made Light by Matthew Paul Turner, illustrated by David Catrow