Read- July 16, 2020
Scripture: Matthew 26:1-16
Read The All Saw a Cat by Brendan Wenzel. (Or, watch the read-aloud video below.)
After reading the story, discuss these questions:
- Which picture looked the most like a cat to you?
- Which picture looked the least like a cat to you?
- How did the picture of the cat change for the different animals viewing it?
- From looking at the picture of the cat, which animal seemed the most fearful of the cat?
- In the image of the cat from the dog’s point of view, the cat is skinny and bell is very large. Why do you think the illustrator did that? What does this tell us is important or most noticeable to the dog?
- We see that according to the bird, the cat is very small, but to the flea, the cat is quite large. How is the perception of the cat changed based on the viewer’s position?
- Discuss a time you have seen an object or person for one thing, but from another perspective you discover something different.